From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, udev-bugs@g.o, systemd <systemd@g.o>, base-system <base-system@g.o>, agk@××××××.com, Federico Tomassetti <f.tomassetti@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dropping static libs support from cryptsetup and lvm2
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:17:47
1 On 01/08/13 17:04, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > There is a hack in our udev and kmod ebuilds that makes it possible to
3 > build the static libraries, but I think we should remove that hack since
4 > upstream bans building them.
5
6 linking statically makes the problem apparent, I guess isn't that wise
7 hiding it under a rug and hoping it won't ever bite you.
8
9 Anyway I volunteered Federico to sort out this mess and he got that part
10 more or less done.
11
12 My github has his changes and I started to track what picked my attention.
13
14 lu