From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: ppc@g.o, gentoo-powerpc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Goodbye Java on ppc32?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 14:15:05
1 On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:44:16 +0000
2 James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 23:10:43 +0000
5 > James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I'm mulling over the idea of dropping Java on 32-bit ppc. Having
8 > > personally used Gentoo on this hardware myself in the past, I've
9 > > resisted the temptation to drop it sooner but I think it's time to
10 > > throw in the towel now.
11 >
12 > Since there hasn't been an outcry against this announcement so far,
13 > it's likely that I will proceed with it at the weekend.
14
15 Support has now been dropped. No one besides that one user on IRC spoke
16 up to say they were using it so I've been able to do this with a fairly
17 clear conscience.
18
19 Thanks to chithanh for offering to help but you can put your time
20 towards something more worthwhile. :)
23 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
24 Gentoo Linux Developer