From: Dan Armak <ermak@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] LyX ebuild(s); maintenance issues for my ebuilds
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:29:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 Here are the LyX ebuilds. There's a (main) lyx-base ebuild which actually
4 installs LyX and depends on x11, xforms and tetex only (see previous post on
5 this matter). There's also a lyx-utils ebuild which does nothing but depends
6 on lyx-base and all the utils LyX can make use of (at least all those for
7 which ebuilds exist).
8 These should go into app-office/lyx-bsae and app-office/lyx-utils. Note that
9 some people say they should go into app-text not app-office since lyx is
10 rather a latex frontend and a typesetter than a real word processor. I don't
11 have an opinion here - it's your decision.
14 Maintenance:
15 This makes 4 ebuilds which I have posted in the last few days to gentoo-dev
16 (heroes, Xaw3d, gv, lyx (base+utils)).
17
18 Now, I don't know the 'regulations' for getting access to the gentoo cvs for
19 maintaining you ebuilds or adding new ones, but I think that either I should
20 be given such access, or some other Gentoo developer should 'adopt' these
21 ebuilds. While these specific programs aren't often updated, I give fair
22 warning that I shall write an ebuild for every program that I use (and there
23 are many) and post it here, unless you give me cvs access :-) If you prefer
24 dealing with a large amount of ebuilds and ebuild updates on the mailing
25 list, I'll understand (sort of). And, I might also write documentation /
26 advocacy at some point. (I've added Gentoo to the list of Unix systems /
27 Linux distros that run KDE at promo.kde.org). So what do you say?
30 Dan Armak

lyx-base-1.1.6.2.ebuild text/plain
digest-lyx-base-1.1.6.2 text/plain