From: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: openrc service script dependency checker
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 03:17:47
1 On December 4, 2014 10:31:30 AM PST, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >As for later loop detector, it may break need dependency. Current
3 >need dependency for iptables is fsck <- localmount <- iptables, so
4 >it is still unlikely that your daemon will be caught in such
5 >need-only loop. Though on author's request later loop solver is out
6 >of scope of this discussion now...
7
8 I was indeed talking about the late loop detector, not the early loop detector. I agree that the dependencies for iptables are pretty simple right now; I was more pointing out that even if the user modifies them to be complicated enough to have a loop, it would be preferable to fail secure (start nothing) rather than open (omit iptables).
9
10 As the late loop detector is no longer under consideration, however, I retract my question.
13 Christopher Head