From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding/disabling MD5 checksums
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:14:02
1 On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:40:54PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > My question got lost in the howto thread, so I'm reposting here.
5 >
6 > How can I override checksum checking/generation in an ebuild? Some things
7 > e.g. the howto ebuilds need this, because they're auto-updated 5 days a week
8 > and we obviously can't keep checksum lists for all versions. Therefore the
9 > ebuild should only check that the archive extracts with no errors.
10
11 You cannot override the md5 checks. They exist to ensure archive integrity,
12 which is a good thing. Right now, you need to create a new ebuild for each
13 new package version, as the package version of the ebuild and the actual src
14 archive should be equivalent.
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
19 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.