From: Pieter Breed <pantera@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] installing
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:01:36
1 hi
2
3 i am looking to do the switch from RH 7.3 to gentoo 1.4 rc. I am in the
4 situation that I don't have a fast ethernet connection but I do have a modem,
5 which will be what I have to use to install gentoo.
6
7 Is it possible to predownload the required files so that I can do a install
8 without having to be connected during the install ? Can I skip the networking
9 setup in the install ? Is this wise ? I will have to use something like
10 wvdial to connect to the internet. Doesn't this program set up routing and
11 dns'ing and everything for you ?
12
13 Thank you very much. I look forward to trying out gentoo. Can you as an aside
14 give me any kind of release-date for 1.4 final ?
15
16 regards
17 pieter
21 Pieter Breed