From: Eivind Tagseth <eivindt-gentoo@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /usr/portage --> /var/portage
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:06:49
1 * Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o> [2004-01-15 13:29:45 -0600]:
2
3 > Meder Bakirov <bakirov@××××××××.kg> writes:
4
5 > For /usr/portage/distfiles, I'm not sure. Since it is essentially
6 > architecture independent, I believe the following is appropriate:
7 >
8 > /usr/portage/distfiles -> /usr/share/portage/distfiles
9 >
10 > I think the above is in-line with the Linux FHS.
11
12 I'd like to see distfiles somewhere under /var. I don't know if it's
13 just me, but I don't like distfiles/ to be continually growing with
14 source code for all packages, past and present. So I clean my distfiles
15 directory using tmpreaper just as I do with /tmp. This speaks for
16 /var IMO.
20 Eivind
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list