From: kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Integrating Portage with other package managers
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:47:57
1 On 03/08/2018 07:25 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 03/08/2018 12:54 AM, Benda Xu wrote:
3 >>
4 >> This title itself is amusing enough
5 >>
6 >> Motherfuckers need package management
9 > Which if it is not clear, is intended to be funny.
13 the colorful language was proportional to the enthusiasm.
14
15 decent info, even though the excited person who wrote it
16 made me roll my eyes (I clicked for the info ::shrug::)
17
18 as per this thread: NuGET (mentioned in the article) is
19 something I had briefly considered trying to hook into:
20
21 an upstream decided that one of their own libraries (it
22 was written / maintained by upstream) should be unbundled
23 rather than vendored, but instead of giving it standalone
24 packaging, they decided to make it only available via
25 NuGET. Since I had never used .NET before, I had no idea
26 what that even was, initially. It was a "an experience".
27
28 dependencies which can't otherwise be satisfied is the
29 point of the original poster / creator of this thread:
30