From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:21:22
1 On Thursday 17 August 2006 16:37, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> schrieb:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 > > You ever seen the term "slaveryware"? You have now.
7 >
8 > We are still talking about the java *language* ?
9 > I aggree that we shouldn't be bound to some certain proprietary
10 > software. But the java language is not software, it is couple of
11 > abstract concept for actually writing software.
12
13 You forget the main part of a language is the library. Basically there is not
14 yet a good complete open java standard library available.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer