From: James Potts <arek75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: User support system [WAS: Sunrise contemplations]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:46:44
1 hmmm....doesn't the GNU ClassPath implement enough of Java's runtimes
2 to handle a command-line app like this (the app needs, basically, to
3 be able to read files, communicate via the http protocol, print to
4 stdout, and accept input from stdin)? And doesn't Kaffe use the GNU
5 ClassPath? And if this is the case, couldn't GCJ be used in the place
6 of Kaffe to build this app on platforms that aren't supported by Kaffe
7 (or on all platforms, if that is desired)?
8
9 Just some thoughts...
10
11 --Arek