From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:40:05
1 On 15 February 2013 00:19, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > On 15/02/2013 01:15, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> How? We don't support overlays in the main tree. I could see a
4 >> package maintainer being nice if pinged by an overlay maintainer and
5 >> delaying some change for a short time to let an overlay be updated,
6 >> but issues that impact overlays should not be considered blockers on
7 >> closing bugs on the main tree.
8 >
9 > The problem is when you have to triple-check that the user hasn't
10 > enabled some random fucked up overlay and you have to guess whether that
11 > might be the cause of the problem. Yes it happens, not so rarely.
14 That's not a good argument. You can't stop people from using whatever
15 external sources they want. But you can easily
16 spot what they use from a simple eix -e <broken-package> or emerge
17 --info and close the bug as INVALID in the blink of an eye
20 Regards,
21 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang