From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:20:15
1 On 15/02/2013 01:15, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > How? We don't support overlays in the main tree. I could see a
3 > package maintainer being nice if pinged by an overlay maintainer and
4 > delaying some change for a short time to let an overlay be updated,
5 > but issues that impact overlays should not be considered blockers on
6 > closing bugs on the main tree.
7
8 The problem is when you have to triple-check that the user hasn't
9 enabled some random fucked up overlay and you have to guess whether that
10 might be the cause of the problem. Yes it happens, not so rarely.
11
12 > If there is something wrong with the proaudio overlay just don't use
13 > it. The same would apply to sunset.
14
15 I don't use it; people still report bugs with it.
18 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
19 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/