From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:15:59
1 On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 >
4 > The presence of "dozens of overlays" _is_ hurting triaging and other
5 > issues. Things like proaudio overlay should die in a fire, and stop
6 > bothering us to begin with.
7
8 How? We don't support overlays in the main tree. I could see a
9 package maintainer being nice if pinged by an overlay maintainer and
10 delaying some change for a short time to let an overlay be updated,
11 but issues that impact overlays should not be considered blockers on
12 closing bugs on the main tree.
13
14 If there is something wrong with the proaudio overlay just don't use
15 it. The same would apply to sunset.
16
17 Rich