From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:06:51
1 On 14/02/2013 23:47, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Why is the overlay bad for anyone? No dev is forced to contribute to it
3 > and no user has to activate it. There are dozens of overlays out there
4 > which are not meant to be activated unless you know what you are doing.
5 > I don't see how this can affect Gentoo's image (as observed by whom,
6 > anyway?). I mean, it's no different than the attic, just more
7 > convenient. It's just one more niche in this great Gentoo ecosystem.
8 > kde-sunset isn't hurting anyone, either.
9
10 The presence of "dozens of overlays" _is_ hurting triaging and other
11 issues. Things like proaudio overlay should die in a fire, and stop
12 bothering us to begin with.
15 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
16 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/