From: Chris Bainbridge <chrb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:22:04
1 On Tuesday 27 July 2004 18:04, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:54:49 -0400 Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | 1. Without bug voting, there's no way to determine what bugs are most
6 > | important to the public (or at least to the people using Bugzilla,
7 > | which is really *our* public, in a working sense).
8 >
9 > Well, given that most of our users don't seem to be able to get the
10 > priority field straight ("Waah! There's a tiny typo in an einfo
11 > statement! BLOCKER!"),
12
13 Insulting the users; constructive!
14
15 > I'd be kind of sceptical about an easily rigged
16 > popularity contest. I suspect we'd just end up seeing thousands of votes
17 > for "add more pictures to bootsplash" and "add this horribly broken
18 > kernel patch to g-d-s"...
19
20 Funny, this doesn't seem to be a problem for kde
21 (http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&votes=21&order=bugs.votes)
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list