From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deptree broken - remove keyword on many packages, or downgrade profile to "dev"?
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 19:02:39
1 On 5/8/13 2:56 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > the deptree of kde-base has been broken for over two months now (most likely
3 > more, it was already bad for a while when I filed bug 460532), and we cannot
4 > really commit new KDE releases without repoman --force option.
5 >
6 > A package is missing keyword ~amd64-fbsd, and so far noone from that team has
7 > responded to our repeated communication attempts.
8 >
9 > For the KDE team, I see two options:
10 > 1) remove amd64-fbsd keyword everywhere. This is "within our rights to do",
11 > but hits users badly (if there are any).
12 > 2) downgrade the amd64-fbsd profiles from "stable" to "dev" in
13 > profiles/profiles.desc. This has the big advantage that the impact for users
14 > is minimal, but enables us to work normally again at the same time. Needless
15 > to say, it's not really a usual step to take for anyone outside the amd64-fbsd
16 > team.
17 >
18 > Out of frustration I am slowly tending to just commit option 2 and take the
19 > resulting flak.
20
21 I support anything done to unbreak the tree.
22
23 If possible, masking USE flags or packages on amd64-fbsd sounds better
24 than switching the whole profile to dev, which is likely to introduce
25 even more breakages.
26
27 Paweł