From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:07:04
1 On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 14:02 +0400, Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > В Срд, 11/06/2008 в 19:45 -0400, Jim Ramsay пишет:
3 > > Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > > I would prefer something that
6 > > > doesn't add extra lines to ebuild.
7 > >
8 > > I think I would disagree with you here. I think that having a special
9 > > 'eblank' or 'eseparator' command is much more readable in an ebuild.
10 >
11 > Taking into account that as einfo, ewarn and eerror work without any
12 > arguments too are there any benefits from eblank/eseparator?
13
14 Not really and part of my thought process was less lines, less code. Not
15 more or staying the same. No matter what it is, typing anything on a
16 single line to get a new line is more than should be required IMHO.
17
18 Want a single line of output with blanks lines before and after. One has
19 to code 3 lines in ebuild. That should be 1 line to get 1 comment, with
20 auto-blanks per flag/switch, or etc. 1 line of code 3 lines of output,
21 efficient. 3 lines of code, 3 lines of output. Not so much.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.
25 amd64/Java/Trustees
26 Gentoo Foundation