From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 11:15:26
1 В Срд, 11/06/2008 в 19:45 -0400, Jim Ramsay пишет:
2 > Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > I would prefer something that
5 > > doesn't add extra lines to ebuild.
6 >
7 > I think I would disagree with you here. I think that having a special
8 > 'eblank' or 'eseparator' command is much more readable in an ebuild.
9
10 Taking into account that as einfo, ewarn and eerror work without any
11 arguments too are there any benefits from eblank/eseparator?
12
13 Speaking about blank lines around elog functions I think they could be
14 useful and I like idea of adding options (switches) to said functions.
15 But speaking about names of options - -A and -B are easier to remember
16 as -A stands for above and -B for below and grep users already knew
17 that.
18
19 BTW, have anybody filled feature request?
22 Peter.
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list