From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:03:09
1 On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 06:15:42PM -0400 or thereabouts, Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 > I think it would be fine to allow people to do it this way, and some people
3 > already do, but I don't think it should be part of Enterprise Gentoo.
4 > Profiling isn't complex. Trying to support the millions of different ways
5 > people can set up overlays is.
6
7 I agree with Dylan here. While a tarball approach is certainly one
8 possilbe approach, requiring security ebuilds to be housed in an overlay
9 adds an extra layer of complexity. The profiling solution is easier given
10 the way our tools (mainly portage) currently operate.
11
12 --kurt