From: jsykari@×××××××××××××××.fi
To: Jarrett Heale <Jarrett.Heale@×××××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Corrections to install guide - Comments, suggestions ;)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:06:22
1 Just two quick answers:
2
3 "Jarrett Heale" <Jarrett.Heale@×××××××××××.ca> writes:
4 > wth is a cron? I take it if you don't know you don't install one? Or should I grab vcron anyway? (as per "If you don't know which one to choose, you might as well grab vcron")
5
6 Please see http://www.unixgeeks.org/security/newbie/unix/cron-1.html for an
7 introduction to cron. Most distributions like to build their locate databases
8 (see locate(1) and friends) automatically with cron, in gentoo it's up to you.
9
10 > "Fully qualified domain name". Hmmm. I really don't know!
11
12 An internet-wide host name like kosh.hut.fi.
13 For a precise definition, see http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/F/FQDN.html
14
15 A.