From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.4 marked stable on x86
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:42:10
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:25:30 -0400
3 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
6 the cdrecord -scanbus, should preferrably detect ATAPI without having to
7 set the "dev=" variable, is what I tried to point out. if it would, it
8 would suddenly become usable with all existing frontends.
13 > The long and the skinny essentially is... Does this "require"
14 > ide-scsi or is it something left up to the user? The changes to
15 > devfs.d should be the same for either an IDE (using ide-scsi) or
16 > SCSI burner. This would of course *not* work with ATAPI burning,
17 > unless you set all cdroms to be owned by cdrw, which wouldn't be
18 > such a hurtful thing (would it?) at all.
21 Actually it doesnt, the thing im worried about is the modules.d changes,
22 since I cannot test them.
25 as for owning, yes, that -is- a problem as it would interfere with the
26 cdrom group for users. (a user with cdrw group could mess a user with
27 only "cdrom" access over. And cdrom should be enough to do ripping, if
28 we chown it to cdrw it won't be. == b0rk. )
31 //Spider
36 begin .signature
37 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
39 end