From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:39:24
1 Dnia 2014-07-08, o godz. 20:52:49
2 Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 07/08/2014 07:45 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > I would like to ask the Council to abolish the following policies that
6 > > have been established by the games team:
7 > >
8 > > 1. that the games team has authority over the actual maintainers
9 > > on every game ebuild,
10 > >
11 > > 2. that every ebuild has to inherit games.eclass as the last eclass
12 > > inherited [1], even if it actually increases the ebuild size rather
13 > > than helping,
14 > >
15 > > 3. that games must adhere to games team-specific install locations
16 > > and ownership rules, shortly listed in [2].
17 >
18 > Why is Council intervention needed to abolish these policies? They're
19 > not binding.
20 > As far as I know, the games team has no special status so like any other
21 > project they can recommend whatever they want - nobody is obliged to
22 > listen (I certainly don't).
23
24 The games team believes that they're binding. In fact, I recall one of
25 the team members remarking explicitly that they're going to alter
26 ebuilds that were committed without their approval.
27
28 In fact, they did remove ebuilds from the tree in the past for this
29 reason [1].
30
31 [1]:http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/games-strategy/openxcom/?hideattic=0
34 Best regards,