From: Michael Lang <mwlang@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unstable branch proposal - second round
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:45:42
1 hmmm...I never intended to imply that the ebuild repository and bugs
2 wouldn't be integrated....only that the avg joe downloader wouldn't be
3 forced to learn a developer tool and that the ebuild repository would
4 automatically push issues into the bugs database.
5
6 To take this step up another notch, when bugs are fixed for a particular
7 package, the issues surrounding the bug are suppressed to just a link
8 called "past bugs" but when a bug is actively open, then the issues for
9 that bug are displayed prominently for the end user so he can quickly
10 determine if the package is going to meet his needs.
11
12 This is something that would be most important to me as a new Linux
13 user...I'm trying to find
14 good quality packages and I know little about their background, but if I
15 can read comments about them and see that there are bug issues at the
16 moment, I can choose to move on to another package or attempt to work
17 around the known bug issues.
18
19 Michael