From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:21:58
1 On Tuesday 01 November 2005 02:51, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > The attached GLEP is a draft proposal for the emerge --news thing
3 > that's been under discussion. There are still some TODO items. These
4 > are calls for people to weigh in with suggestions. Of course,
5 > suggestions on other items are good too...
6 >
7 > There is currently no explanation as to why this GLEP should be chosen
8 > over ChrisWhite's 42. I will add such a section if anyone requests it.
9 >
10 > Grant, please pick me a number.
13 I have one suggestion on an added header. I think that an Overrides:
14 header should be added. This is for those messages that make a previous
15 message obsolete. Say for example that an upgrade guide to modular X was
16 posted, but that a critical error was made in it. This was fixed, and to
17 make sure that people read the new message, it is not a higher version.
18
19 It is however not a good idea to have people then read the old message
20 when the new message is there.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze