From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New tool: merge-driver-ekeyword automatically resolves git merge conflicts involving KEYWORDS=...
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 05:21:15
1 > On 2 Mar 2021, at 05:10, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, 2021-03-01 at 22:54 -0500, Matt Turner wrote:
4 >> tl;dr: In app-portage/gentoolkit-0.5.1 there's a new tool I wrote,
5 >> called merge-driver-ekeyword that can automatically resolve git merge
6 >> conflicts involving the KEYWORDS=... line in ebuilds.
7 >>
8 >> Since the KEYWORDS=... assignment is a single line,
9 >
10 > Is that enforced? If not, will the merge driver handle other formats
11 > correctly? And if it is... why don't we just enforce putting each
12 > keyword on a separate line instead, so that we don't have this problem
13 > in the first place?
14
15 Yeah, it’s policy: https://projects.gentoo.org/qa/policy-guide/ebuild-format.html#pg0105.
16
17 I also removed all of the trivial infringers not long ago: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/19467. There
18 aren’t many left.
19
20 Anyway, yes, the format is still a pain because diff doesn’t handle it well. But I don’t really want
21 to see ebuilds become longer...
22
23 sam