From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New tool: merge-driver-ekeyword automatically resolves git merge conflicts involving KEYWORDS=...
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 05:10:54
1 On Mon, 2021-03-01 at 22:54 -0500, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > tl;dr: In app-portage/gentoolkit-0.5.1 there's a new tool I wrote,
3 > called merge-driver-ekeyword that can automatically resolve git merge
4 > conflicts involving the KEYWORDS=... line in ebuilds.
5 >
6 > Since the KEYWORDS=... assignment is a single line,
7
8 Is that enforced? If not, will the merge driver handle other formats
9 correctly? And if it is... why don't we just enforce putting each
10 keyword on a separate line instead, so that we don't have this problem
11 in the first place?