From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:15:42
1 On Thursday 30 September 2004 07:51 pm, Jason Rhinelander wrote:
2 > sys-apps/ed # I don't want it
3
4 it's used for scripting in packages
5
6 > sys-apps/findutils # Perhaps I prefer to use find2perl instead
7
8 many system/portage things use find
9
10 > sys-apps/kbd # I don't want or need this
11
12 umm i hope you're a en/US user cause otherwise you're going to have change
13 your keyboard mapping (but in your world, you'd be screwed)
14
15 > sys-apps/which # Nice, but is it necessary?
16 > sys-devel/bc # Again, nice, but not necessary
17
18 same thing as ed/findutils ... baselayout/portage/scripting
19
20 > sys-fs/e2fsprogs # I don't use ext2/3
21
22 it provides fsck/mkfs, not *JUST* ext2 utils; also sash needs it and sash is
23 in our system by policy (our static recovery shell)
24
25 i realize you're not serious, but many of those packages are critical and
26 people may not realize it :)
27 -mike
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list