From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, freedesktop-bugs@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: virtual/dbus
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 08:25:35
1 On 2022-09-07 17:29, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2
3 > A virtual seems a bit pointless for the following reasons:
4 [...]
5 > 2. dbus-broker[launcher] utilizes config files installed by dbus, and
6 > actually RDEPENDs on sys-apps/dbus for that reason.
7
8 Yeah, I failed at reading - even the README of dbus-broker clearly
9 states "You still need the dbus reference implementation installed,
10 since it provides tools used by many applications, as well as the
11 dbus.socket unit file."
12
13 > If you can think of some way to encourage users to install/enable
14 > dbus-broker, that seems like a good idea to me.
15
16 Makes sense, I'll think about it.
19 Marecki

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature