From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:45:14
1 Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2
3 >> Is it just me, it seems that only sparc/mips devs want that kind of
4 >> change and non none of the x86/amd64 devs...
5 >> I still dont see what practical advantage that would bring to x86/amd64
6 >> users or developers?
9 > If you haven't figured out the reason we are pushing for this sort of
10 > thing yet, it is because x86 is unsupported in Gentoo (if you consider
11 > what all the other arches have to do to be "supported"). As a result,
12 > it causes the quality of the portage tree to suffer.
13
14 You are saying that the quality of x86 stuff in the tree is worse than
15 the other arches?
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list