From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New 17.0 release profiles
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 15:15:05
1 Am Mittwoch, 7. Juni 2017, 22:44:31 CEST schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > as already discussed on IRC, here is a first step towards new 17.0 profile
5 > sets.
6
7 I havent seen any blocking disagreements / arguments, so I'm going to push the
8 patches later today.
9
10 -> The new profiles will NOT have any entries in profiles.desc yet. For
11 "normal people" that means DO NOT SWITCH to these profiles yet. <-
12
13 However, if you're involved with toolchain, languages, etc, already run gcc-6,
14 and know what you're doing, feel free to adjust your profile symlink manually.
15 You will have to rebuild all packages installing static archives because of
16 the PIC flip.
17
18 All testing is appreciated, as is writing of documentation. Just be advised to
19 watch this list for news since THINGS MAY STILL CHANGE in weird and wonderful
20 ways.
21
22 As already stated, the new profiles will at earliest become "official" with
23 the stabilization of gcc-6.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Andreas
29 Andreas K. Hüttel
30 dilfridge@g.o
31 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)