From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: aballier@g.o, yngwin@g.o
Subject: Re: [OT/NIT] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:55:59
1 On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 17:05:49 +0200
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:53:28 +0800
5 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > PS: btw, some hunks are weird in your commit, a locale issue ?
8 > > >
9 > >
10 > > No, just a line in my vimrc that removes trailing whitespace.
11 >
12 > You should probably disable it or remove trailing whitespaces in a
13 > separate commit though. Having functional changes mixed with
14 > whitespace/cosmetics in a single commit makes it hard to read
15 > and understand.
16
17 While I'm usually strongly for that, I would just like to point out
18 that we're using CVS and 'repoman commit', and these two together make
19 committing a really painful and time-consuming experience. I can see
20 the benefit of avoiding a second commit just to fix whitespace.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny