From: Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] New policy: 'files' directory must not be larger than 32 KiB
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:51:05
1 On 17/12/17 20:35, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 >> On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
3 >> wrote:
4 >>> I just want to voice my opinion on this: as a developer, this
5 >>> policy is a royal pain in the ass.
6 >>>
7 >>> I would ask the council to please increase this limit to at
8 >>> least 100 KiB, preferably more.
9 > I second this request for the exact same reason.
10 Is there any impact survey of whether the proposed rationale is
11 something a substantial amount of people genuinely care a lot about? To
12 me, it doesn't sound like something that is worth sacrificing our
13 developers' asses for; but I have no such data.
14 --
15 Alexander
16 bernalex@g.o
17 https://secure.plaimi.net/~alexander