From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] We have "doc" USE flag, why not a "man" USE flag too
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:25:21
1 On Wednesday 10 August 2005 15:10, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > That's great and all that its in features for the
3 > installation, but what about packages with optional dependencies based
4 > on doc and man?
5 Well there was a request time ago to add FEATURES (or at least a subset of
6 them) to USE_EXPAND so to be able to add dependencies for test for example
7 (instead of using the test useflag.
8 The problem to have packages behavior changing wrt FEATURES, tho, made the
9 idea bail out iirc.
10
11 I still hope for that to go on someday.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
15 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
16 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)