From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:34:40
1 On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 02:04:42PM -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > > I like the concept but I think that a previous suggestion that was discussed
3 > > here was better. The suggestion was to create a maintainer-needed@g.o
4 > > alias which bugs could be assigned to. The discussion was a while ago but I
5 > > don't recall any negative points being raised.
6 >
7 > A new-ebuilds alias was created on toucan few months back. I guess word
8 > never got out (or seemant never setup the account on bugzilla). Perhaps
9 > it would be better just to reassign bugs to that account instead of
10 > making another resolution.
11
12 It's not just about new-ebuild bugs. Personally I'd even say it's not
13 about those bugs at all. maintainer-needed@g.o would be useful
14 for packages like OpenAFS: plenty of bugs, no maintainer.
15
16 Maurice.
19 Maurice van der Pot
20