From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:04:12
1 On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 18:17 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Markus Nigbur wrote:
3 > > Anyway, as I've already said I'm the _currently_ the only active herd
4 > > member and simply cannot take the responsibility of about 100 new
5 > > packages.
6 > > Therefor I suggest introducing a new keyword to bugzilla's resolution
7 > > list, called NEEDMAINTAINER.
8 > > With this new keyword everyone could compile a list of currently
9 > > unmaintained packages and just take the ones he likes. Additionally this
10 > > would be a great opportunity for non-developers for starting their
11 > > carrier within Gentoo.
12 >
13 > I like the concept but I think that a previous suggestion that was discussed
14 > here was better. The suggestion was to create a maintainer-needed@g.o
15 > alias which bugs could be assigned to. The discussion was a while ago but I
16 > don't recall any negative points being raised.
17
18 A new-ebuilds alias was created on toucan few months back. I guess word
19 never got out (or seemant never setup the account on bugzilla). Perhaps
20 it would be better just to reassign bugs to that account instead of
21 making another resolution.
22
23 Cheers,
26 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
27 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
28
29 ---
30 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
31 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
32
33 ramereth/irc.freenode.net