From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: kubernetes packaging
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 22:39:34
1 All,
2
3 I would like to get some thoughts on kubernetes packaging.
4
5 When I started maintaining it in Gentoo, it was packaged as 7 ebuilds
6 (one per executable), and only one of them was marked stable.
7
8 Since we normally do not split up monorepos into separate packages, I
9 started moving everything over to one kubernetes ebuild.
10 Now a bug has
11 been opened which has a good case for kubeadm being a package on its
12 own, so I have done that [1].
13
14 I need to know the best way to proceed, so I'll throw out a couple
15 of questions:
16
17 1) should I bring back the split packages and lastrites
18 sys-cluster/kubernetes?
19
20 2) should I just bring back other split packages that need to be split
21 as I find them?
22
23 What do folks think would be the best way for us to package Kubernetes?
24
25 Thanks,
26
27 William