From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: gnupg2 only vs gnupg-1 & gnupg-2
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:48:56
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Steve Long wrote:
3 >>> Not to mention again, we are limiting choice, and forcing one or
4 >>> the other. Which is not a complete solution, and makes our
5 >>> offerings less than all other mainstream distros.
6 >
7 >> Good points. Imo, you should get some scripts together and do it in
8 >> your cvs and prove it; if it works, there'll be one less reason to
9 >> argue about it.
10 >
11 > It works on stable systems, since gnupg is still slotted there:
12 > 1.4.7-r1 in slot 0
13 > 1.9.21 in slot 1.9
14 >
15 Er ok, but i'm guessing Mr Thomson wanted to have both available as separate
16 packages similar to those binary distros gentoo is supposedly able to spit
17 out (since it is a meta-distro.)
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list