From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:03:42
1 On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 13:27, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > One problem I have with this is that it says all ebuilds should remain in the
3 > tree for a minimum of one year. 4 releases a year, and every package in the
4 > tree is going to have 4 versions that can't be cleaned out for at least a
5 > year. Not to mention that it's going to be hard to get developers in to the
6 > mindset of saving old ebuilds when we've been beating them ruthlessly about
7 > keeping portage clean for the past 6 months at least. Do you have any ideas
8 > about how to deal with this?
9
10 I see no point in keeping "stable" ebuilds in the regular tree once
11 they've been moved over to the stable tree. At that point they could be
12 pruned.
13
14 Donnie