From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:25:46
1 One problem I have with this is that it says all ebuilds should remain in the
2 tree for a minimum of one year. 4 releases a year, and every package in the
3 tree is going to have 4 versions that can't be cleaned out for at least a
4 year. Not to mention that it's going to be hard to get developers in to the
5 mindset of saving old ebuilds when we've been beating them ruthlessly about
6 keeping portage clean for the past 6 months at least. Do you have any ideas
7 about how to deal with this?
8