From: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
To: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 19 -- Gentoo Stable Portage Tree
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:38:59
1 On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 10:27, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > One problem I have with this is that it says all ebuilds should remain in the
3 > tree for a minimum of one year. 4 releases a year, and every package in the
4 > tree is going to have 4 versions that can't be cleaned out for at least a
5 > year. Not to mention that it's going to be hard to get developers in to the
6 > mindset of saving old ebuilds when we've been beating them ruthlessly about
7 > keeping portage clean for the past 6 months at least. Do you have any ideas
8 > about how to deal with this?
9
10 Easy, Stable has it's own CVS server. That way nothing accidently ever
11 gets introduced, and nothing ever gets accidently deleted.
12
13 trance
14 --
15 trance @ irc.freenode.net #gentoo-ppc
16 Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
17 Gentoo PPC Operational Manager / PPC dev