From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-editors/leafpad: ChangeLog leafpad-0.8.14.ebuild
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:24:26
1 Hi,
2
3 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>:
4 > > Seeing as this is an editor and a "GTK+ based simple text editor" I
5 > > doubt it has much claim to emacs-ness.
6 >
7 > why does this matter ? if an application includes optional support
8 > for an "emacs skin" such that it includes emacs
9 > bindings/shortcuts/whatever, it sounds to me like USE=emacs is
10 > appropriate. ive seen random applications that have different
11 > keybinding modes have the default set, and then optional vi or emacs
12 > to select from so that things behave as such users would expect. -mike
13
14 We have USE=xemacs and emacs...and the key bindings for above editor
15 will switch to something that is also compatible with XEmacs. So why
16 shouldn't one choose USE=xemacs here? We, XEmacs and GNU Emacs team,
17 understand "our" USE flags as integration with said editors not
18 something to mimick their behaviour.
19
20 V-Li
23 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
24 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
25
26 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>