From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: wolf31o2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New lists and their usage
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:55:39
1 On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:20:24 -0700
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > gentoo-dev-announce: This is the announcement list for
4 > development-related stuff. Now, there's two ideas for how to run the
5 > list, that I can think of, but I'm sure there's others.
6 >
7 > - Make the list set reply-to to gentoo-dev and automatically copy any
8 > messages from this list to gentoo-dev...
9
10 The auto-copy should probably be kept regardless of what we do with
11 Reply-To.
12
13 > - Make the list *not* set *any* reply-to, nor strip it, and allow
14 > people to use the list to announce development-related stuff from
15 > *any* list... For example, if I'm about to start a discussion on
16 > possible changes to the releases, I could send a message to
17 > gentoo-dev-announce, which will start the thread, with gentoo-releng
18 > set as the reply-to. I would be responsible for making sure the
19 > email was also sent to gentoo-releng myself.
20
21 Hm, I hadn't thought about that but I like it. I like it a lot. It's so
22 sexy!
23
24 Thanks,
25 Donnie