From: Alin Nastac <mrness@××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Do we want optimal performance?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:19:34
1 Klavs Klavsen wrote:
2
3 >The end result should be, that Gentoo automagically selects the optimal
4 >CFLAGS (in performance and stability - perhaps with some optimizations
5 >flagged as "unstable" so people can select "optimize for performance" vs.
6 >"optimize for stability") depending on the X, Y and Z from above.
9 If you don't want to give gentooers a chance to set whatever they want
10 in CHOST,CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS it would be a mistake. Not everyone want
11 the greatest opimization for their processor! For example, I use on my
12 servers optimizations for pentium2 no matter what processor I have on
13 that particular computer.