From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: {bi,multi}arch support for all x86/amd64/ppc/sparc systems
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 02:32:08
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 02:12:37 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:

> 2) What about grub-2, and while we're on it, is a switch to that expected > any time soon, and/or is there a grub-static-2 in the wings? With the > grub-1 gpt patches (and hopefully btrfs support at some point) I'm not > sure that staying with grub-1 isn't my preference in any case, but I do > worry how long that's going to be viable, especially with btrfs coming > and no grub-1 btrfs support that I'm aware of, and I have literally /no/ > idea what might or might not be in gentoo's pipeline, > grub-wise.
I think grub-0.97 was one of the first things I worked on as a user becoming interested in development sixish years ago. It was a god-awful mess then. It's much worse now. It's also keeping 4.6.2 out of ~arch. :/ -- fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime @ EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662