From: Igor <lanthruster@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage QOS
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:30:47
1 Hello Heroxbd,
2
3 Friday, January 10, 2014, 4:16:47 AM, you wrote:
4
5 >> The ebuilds have approximately the same time to install, the failure
6 >> rate is about the same, emerge is getting slower.
7
8 > I am curious about the slowness of emerge.
9
10 > How about profile the portage and rewrite the time-crucial part in
11 > C/C++, or ideally, borrowing the counterpart from paludis? How feasible
12 > is that?
13
14 > I guess the dep-tree calculation is the slowest part.
15
16 And to think about it - Python is a slow big snake. And Gentoo is the
17 fastest of penguins.
18
19 So why do we send Gentoo for food riding on Python? If it were death
20 we send Gentoo for then I would choose Python but food?
21
22 Isn't it making them both slow and food isn't coming?
27 Best regards,
28 Igor mailto:lanthruster@×××××.com