From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: How a proper server profile should look like (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing the server profiles...)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 04:16:24
1 Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
2 > I don't build server machines every day, others do and it would be
3 > much appreciated if they could respond here.
4
5 I build catalyst stage4s. Any default profiles are kindof pointless
6 for me; I have USE=-* and the flags that I want.
7
8 Anything else seems a bit too random.
9
10 I haven't yet experimented with creating my own profiles. I might
11 still.
14 Ben, binary distributions like debian without cups? Forget about it.
15 They can't manage two differently compiled binary packages of e.g.
16 samba, so guess if they will have a samba without printing support? ;)
19 //Peter