From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: go 1.13 and go modules
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 21:46:26
1 On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 08:35:17AM +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 12:34:18 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > There is another option I want to try which is adding "go mod vendor" to
6 > > src_unpack for go packages.
7 >
8 > Is it infeasible to write a tool that you execute as a maintainer, that simulates
9 > what "go mod vendor" would do, but instead emits a list of entries for SRC_URI,
10 > and then have an eclass or something construct the vendor dir from those?
11 >
12 > That's what is available for rust stuff.
13
14 I'm not sure how feasible something like that is.
15
16 $ go list -m all
17
18 will list the dependencies of a module, but that doesn't look like it
19 can be translated into src_uri format.
20
21 You would basically have to parse go.mod exactly the way upstream does
22 it and come up with a way to download the correct versions of the
23 source.
24
25 William