From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving UID/GID assignments to api.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:42:23
1 On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 17:53:44 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > , since he says we can add more fields in the future,
5 > you either have to escape whitespace in the notes field or quote the
6 > field.
7
8 This was originally what I was going to comment on when the proposal
9 first hit the list.
10
11 But then I realised all you have to do is define all the non-notes
12 fields, and any additional fields will be appended to that list, and
13 notes always come afterwards.
14
15 It *does* mean when the new field is updated, the entire file must be
16 updated immediately for this new field.
17
18 But it also means existing decoders that don't know about the new field
19 will treat the new field as part of the notes.
20
21 All in all, I think that turns out to be a feature.