From: Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: app-office/hamster-time-tracker
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:20:53
Hi,
I'm not sure that is correct to reply to this thread, sorry if not.

I currently use hamster and yes master tree is unmaintained but scenario is
difficult for this package. From old tree are been created different fork:
* one that split module in different modules (hamster-lib, hamster-gtk,
hamster-dbus,etc)
* one that rebuild module on ruby
* if I remember correctly one that continue python implementation

But, it isn't so clear at least for me, what is the best fork or stable (I
currently use old implememtation).
So, I think that could be a choice try to identify a more stable fork and
move ebuild to this new implementation (maybe with a rename of the package)
and move ebuild to proxy-maintainer group.

I will try to investigate on it in the christmas holidays and see if I can
take care of ebuild maintenance.

My cent

Thanks
G.