From: Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: app-office/hamster-time-tracker
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:20:53
1 Hi,
2 I'm not sure that is correct to reply to this thread, sorry if not.
3
4 I currently use hamster and yes master tree is unmaintained but scenario is
5 difficult for this package. From old tree are been created different fork:
6 * one that split module in different modules (hamster-lib, hamster-gtk,
7 hamster-dbus,etc)
8 * one that rebuild module on ruby
9 * if I remember correctly one that continue python implementation
10
11 But, it isn't so clear at least for me, what is the best fork or stable (I
12 currently use old implememtation).
13 So, I think that could be a choice try to identify a more stable fork and
14 move ebuild to this new implementation (maybe with a rename of the package)
15 and move ebuild to proxy-maintainer group.
16
17 I will try to investigate on it in the christmas holidays and see if I can
18 take care of ebuild maintenance.
19
20 My cent
21