From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 01:09:18
1 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> said:
2 > On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:38:48 -0400
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 > > i dont see how anyone can be against this (unless you're a
5 > > terrorist!), so this is on track to be integrated as-is into the dev
6 > > handbook Etiquette section
7 >
8 > The last two paragraphs aren't really acceptable for a code of conduct
9 > from my POV. And I'm referring to the general meaning there, not the
10 > specific wording.
11
12 I completely agree. I was happy with the document until the last two
13 paragraphs. It became less a "Code of Conduct" and more of a developer
14 relations/devrel/whatever policy. Lets keep that out of a document like
15 this and decide on that through the appropriate channels.
16
17 If those last two paragraphs are cut, I'm quite happy with it, even if
18 it isn't all true right now, and is something we should strive towards
19 doing.
22 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
23 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
24 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
25 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
26 http://www.halcy0n.com